My Sewing Plans are....

...No plans!

Yep, after going through numerous ideas and looking at lots of other peoples' sewing plans for Autumn/Winter, I have decided not to make an Autumn/Winter sewing plan.

You may remember that back in June I posted 10 Tips for Planning Your Sewing. In my infinite wisdom, the first tip was 'Do You really want to make a plan?" And after I thought about it, I decided that just now I didn't want to make a plan.

I definitely have an idea of a few patterns I want to make, and I have a good few fabrics stashed away. But pull that together into a plan? Not just now thanks! I can't explain exactly why - maybe because I've been quite busy but also because I've been feeling quite inspired to make so many things I can't pin it down. Just today I was inspired by a colleague's new dress and am hoping to put together something similar myself. I'm off to rifle through my pattern collection just now, so you will be hopefully seeing some new finished objects from me soon.

K x

13 comments:

  1. Im with you, I'm not planning either. I got a few things in mind but not set and its so relaxing not having that 'must do' and just go with inspiration of the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a plan (in my head) but I won't be able to put it into action for probably several months, so I'm just keeping there in my head and trying to keep my hands busy in the meantime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you, I never make plans. I like to get inspired and crack on, too much planning takes the joy out of anything. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I have the exact same plan! Isn't it wonderful to have the freedom to work on whatever comes to mind?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for no planning! I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next month you should dub it "No Plan November"! Too much planning and it starts to feel like work, at least for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a spring/summer plan post recently and have managed to already make two dresses with two fabrics that did not even appear in the post!
    Planning works for some people but I much prefer to sew things that I feel like sewing, I find a plan turns it into a chore... and I have enough of those in my life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I love to plan but not always so am embracing opportunity :)

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to see what you come up with! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great plan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! If you're not feeling like planning, you should probably give yourself a break from structure and just make what you're in the mood for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have made a plan - what a stupid idea, already I am not sticking to it. Why did I post it?? Who knows what what going through my head when I posted for all to see. Anyway, perhaps the world (or the 50 or so readers I have) will be kind and forgive me for not sticking to it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I decided to call it wish list and made, because I like to write plans but not to follow%))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say