Swap Partners Announced for #springsewingswap

The spreadsheet has been populated, blogs have been perused and partners have been allocated. This year we have 54 swappers taking part, from sewers who are making this their second or third swap (welcome back!) to sewers who have not taken part before (a warm welcome to you!).

I'll give the list of partners followed by a recap of the guidelines for the swap BUT I'd be grateful if you could please leave a comment (By Sunday 1st June) to confirm that you have read the blog and know who your partner is. This will save me sending out 54 emails to let everyone know their partners. THANK YOU! If I haven't heard from you by Sunday I will email you.

Here goes then....

Inge - Ingemaakt WITH Busy Lizzie in Brizzie

Lorna F - Little Sewing Corner WITH Rachel - A Study in Stitching

Meg Made This WITH Mela R - Pincushion Treats

Vicki Kate Makes WITH Jen - Tea for Two

Béatrice -Beas Sewing Adventures WITH PrttynPnk

Dottie Doodle WITH Almost a Hippy

Annika - Naeh Connection WITH Tabatha Tweedie - Thread Carefully

Clipped Curves WITH Jo - Sew Little Time

Claire - I Want to be a Turtle WITH Debbie - Sew Debbie

Charlotte - English Girl at Home WITH A Charm of Magpies

Draculash - Sewing Adventures in the Attick WITH Rachel Jacques - Jacques Rhymes with Cakes

Macskakat - Modern Vintage Cupcakes WITH Tanya Maile

Emily's Vintage Visions WITH Becky - Sew and So

Shanni Loves AND Kristin Jones - Sew Classic

Quirky Peach WITH Sue - Sewin' Steady

Lou - Sewcial Warrior WITH Andrea Winterflood - Sew Actually (Facebook Link)

Cheryl - Orange is a Neutral WITH Erin - F is for Flamingo

Sophie-Lee - Two Random Words WITH Stevie - Beebees Vintage Dress

Vera Luna AND Rogerüth's Garden

Leah Franqui - Struggle Sews a Straight Seam AND Sarah C - Musings of a Seamstress

Crow Bird - She's So Busy AND Sarah's Sewing - Sarah Rozelaar

Quirky Hannah AND Josie of Sew for Soul

Little Stone Cottage AND The Eclectic Seamstress

Toile and Trouble AND Susie Homemaker

Sew on Trend AND Sewing Sveta

Marie of A Stitching Odyssey AND Joelle St Laurent of The Handstitched Files

Nuzzle AND MrsC(Maryanne)

So remember - please comment below to say that you have read this post and know who your partner is.

I hope you're all happy with your partners and I met the specifications about partner location, and that you weren't partnered with them before. I also hope all the links work and I spelt all names and blog names correctly - I normally triple check these things but I wanted to get this post out there so apologies if there are any errors!

What Do I Send?
  • You spend up to a maximum of £15 (or local equivalent - that's US$25 at current rates  according to xe.com) purchasing sewing-related items to send to your partner. These can be new/vintage/thrifted, whatever.
  • The items may include fabric, patterns (paper or pdf), trims, buttons or similar but use your imagination to  choose what you think your partner might like. You should look at their blog to see what kind of things they like to make so you can choose something really appropriate. Although the swap is centred around sewing, you can include other crafty items if your partner is into different crafts too.
  • As a guideline, you should send 3 to 5 items (you don't have to count buttons or other notions individually though, just use your initiative here!)
  • Postage costs are not included in the £15 maximum spend. 
  • You can shop your stash if you have items that you think your swap partner will like, this swap is all about sending thoughtful sewing-related items. Just keep in mind the guidelines on spend and number of items.
When the partners are announced what do I need to do?
Contact them to say hello and find out their address. If you want some help picking what to send, you can email to ask what kind of things they like, or sizes for patterns etc. I'll go over the guidelines again when swap partners are posted.


When Do I Send the Parcel?
Your partner should receive the parcel by Thursday 3rd July, so I'll leave it up to you to calculate postage times. Do keep in touch with your partner when you've posted their parcel or if there are any issues and of course you can be in touch if you want to check sizes, colours etc. Communication is encouraged!

Is there some kind of blog button I can use then?
Yes!

Medium Size  - 300 x 300 pixels.



Small Size - 150 x 150 pixels

Save and then link to this link which will link to all the Swap posts on this blog:

http://www.kestrelmakes.com/search/label/Spring%20Sewing%20Swap%202014



You can tweet on #springsewing swap too

Please get in touch ASAP if you have any problems. I'll do a reminder post in a couple of weeks.

Happy Swapping!

K x

p.s I'm a little sad that there was no partner for me this year, since we had an even number!

42 comments:

  1. Thanks for matching all these up! I'm SEW excited to swap with Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Sally! I'm so excited to be swap partners. :) Thanks for organizing this, Kerry!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for organizing this activity! I'm excited to participate for the first time with a blogger whose work I've admired for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I`m here and I am really excited :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, I just found out that we're swap partners. Saskia

      Delete
  4. Hi, I signed up in time but don't seem to be on the list :( Tamsin - Pimpmycurtains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, sorry Tamsin, totally my oversight. I've emailed you x

      Delete
  5. Thanks and I'm looking forward to swapping with Erin! Hi Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot and yay! You picked a good'un for my first go! I am off to stalk her (as if I didn't already!) to see what I can find for her.

    Now to try and remember how I do the buttons thing again (each time I have to learn it all over again, I've got the memory of a goldfish when it comes to buttons).

    Thank you so much for organising this Kestrel! It's going to be So. Much. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea! Thanks for all your hard work & I'm looking forward to cyberstalking Cheryl. (In the nicest possible way of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerry - thanks for organising this :) If you like I am happy to do two swaps if you want a partner??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But as it turns out I'm a bit skint anyway so probably for the best. Will enjoy seeing what everyone gets though x

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for organising!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I have read and noted my swap partner. Excited. I'm happy to swap with you too Kestrel as it seems sad that u've gone to all this effort organising and won't get the fun bit out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for the offer but I'm ok to sit this one out due to lack of funds! x

      Delete
  11. Woohoo, thanks for organising Kerry! I'll be in touch with Joelle asap ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, I just checked out the blog of my partner, the lurking has begun :-), but it's for a good cause! Thanks for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh how exciting! i'm off to check out my partner's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Kestrel! I'm off to Nuzzle Nuzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo! Best post I've read today - let the fun begin! Thanks for being organising-person-extraordinaire again! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for organising Kerry! I love Jen's look and will be contacting her soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, thank you for organising this Kerry, and am delighted with my partner, I have been a long time lurker on Mrs C's blog (and her previous one)...although I am a bit worried about what I can send someone who actually owns a sewing/habberdashery shop !!!

    many thanks

    Pennie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome, I got Kat! Thanks for all your hard work organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for matching me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for organizing all of this! I'm looking forward to swapping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Got it! Thanks for all the hard work! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great! Thanks for organising Kerry. Will get in touch with Debbie soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank for organising, I'm really looking forward to this x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Got it! Emily is a new-to-me blogger, so it'll be fun to get to know her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! Your blog is new to me as well :)
      -Emily

      Delete
  25. Thanks! Found my swap partner%)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks! Will be e- mailing Claire over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, saw your post and am pretty excited to take part!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for all your hard work! Looking forward to my swop with 'Quirky Hannah' x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks so much for organising. Will get straight on it! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Whoops, sorry for being late! Thanks, I'll email Vicki back right now!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooh! How exciting. Thanks so much for organising!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the pair-up & sorry for my delay replying!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aargh! Im remiss in my commenting, but Ive emailed the Bea and Im excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for the information, very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. yay! sorry for not getting back at you sooner. i'm quite excited to be paired with Marie :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say