A new Blogging Venture


I'm really excited to report that I have a new blogging venture on the the go, for the website of the Herald Scotland newspaper. My first post went online today and you can read it here:


I was delighted to be asked to contribute blog content to the site, and will be writing a new piece every fortnight. What I write for the Herald will be different to what appears here, so I don't expect that it will take ideas away from my own blog. I'll post the links here so you can hop over and have a look if it sounds of interest to you. 

Please do have a look, as it's a new thing for their fashion pages to have a DIY element, so the more people who look at it, the more the Herald will see that people are interested in sewing. Plus it'll make me look good :-)

I decided to start with the basics for my first post as you can see, but am planning some more 'How To'-type posts in the future.

K x


27 comments:

  1. Congrats! I enjoy reading the Herald online, so will certainly check out your posts!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's amazing! Well done, you! Can't wait for each new post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! What a brilliant tutorial! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! It's a great tutorial. Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niice! Educating the masses on creativity one button at a time-good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeep, how fantastic for our little craft and how exciting for you! Gonna hop on over to have a read ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, it is a nice forum to share your knowledge and hopefully enlighten people that the basics are not that difficult. They might stop asking us to do silly easy stuff for them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so exciting!! Congratulations on scoring the opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congratulations! I'll head over and have a read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations darling... Lovely post and so useful

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exciting opportunity and what a wonderful post I genuinely have learnt something I had no idea about using a cocktail stick, it makes so much more sense! Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's amazing Kerry! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how exciting - congratulations! great first post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh well done you that's excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done! Useful info that the public really needs. I hope they ask you to write lots of articles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog and I will be checking out your new blog too. Dumb question: what is the reason for using the cocktail stick. I might be a bit ... I have never sewn a button on like that and I'm intrigued and interested.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan

      It just makes it easier to create an extra loop of thread so you can make a shank for the button, or reinforce the button on the reverse of the fabric.

      Delete
    2. Oh OK! Thanks for the explanation. Look forward to your next blog. Thank you

      Delete
  20. Good work Kerry! Looking forward to your future posts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool! Congrats on the new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Kerry, what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, yay, how exciting! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous opportunity!! COngratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say