I'm Joining In!

There are so many great opportunities for participating in the blogging world that it can be a bit overwhelming. You don't want to commit to so many things that it gets stressful or unenjoyable but at the same time, it's so nice to feel part of the community of sewing bloggers. This year I've been trying to stick to my own plans without getting too distracted, however I have decided to join in with Me Made May as well as the Pyjama Party.

I took part in a 'Me Made' month in June last year, which was great. I restyled a couple of items during the month too, making a Sorbetto out of a tablecloth and altering a Laura Ashley dress. All of my June outfits are here. Here's my pledge:

'I, Kerry of Kestrel Finds & Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least one self-made item each day for the duration of May 2012'

Karen of Did You Make That? has organised the Pyjama Party, which has attracted over 100 people keen to make their own PJs. I will be using this pattern, Simplicity 9505:

 

Disregarding the slightly demonic expression of the model, it seems like a great basic pattern, and I liked the options for the shorts and tops with the gathered detail neckline. I have some stash fabric in mind for the bottoms and may or may not make a top to go with them, I'm undecided.

Are you joining in either of these challenges?

K x

12 comments:

  1. Wah! I so want to join in (both of these, actually) but don't even have a table yet so I can setup my sewing machine after moving. I will cheer from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm joining in on the pajama party fun, and still mulling over the idea of MMM. I really don't have very many self-stitched clothes, so I have no idea how I would make it through the month! But I'm still thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give MMM a go! - you don't have to commit to self-made every single day if you're not sure you can manage it.

      Delete
  3. Oh cool, I loved your outfits from last June. I am still unsure if I should join or wait for the next one. I had hoped to have more sewn items before trying again. But then, it's a nice incentive to use those I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah.. That's looks cute. I'm also party of the pj party..it's so fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in on the PJ party. :) I'm planning on making a pair of bottoms from a stash Simplicity patterns and a Sorbetto with sleeves for the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, the more I hear about this PJ party, the more I think maybe I should get in on that!
    And lol at your description of the demonic model! That's troubling indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've (very nervously) signed up for MMM. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kestral, I am participating in MMM'12 and really looking forward to finetuning some of my wardrobe. I need help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good luck - it will definitely highlight any wardrobe gaps for sure, that's what I found last year anyway!

      Delete
  9. I've signed up to both too! I'm only doing MMM 3 days a week, and I've already realised that I have some gaps in my me-made-wardrobe, which I'm trying to fill before May! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say