I Have Loved & Lost



I won these patterns on eBay a couple of weeks ago, at a great price, but they seem to have got lost in the post. The seller refunded my payment, but I would have paid the money again just to get the patterns. I was really keen to knit the one on the left with the all over design, and the rose garland sweater is also lovely. Sigh.

I think I may have found the thing I want to collect - 1940s Fair isle patterns. There are some amazing vintage patterns out there, and I love to have the original pattern rather than a copied version/pdf, which some sellers seem to make a good living from selling, incidentally! It's just typical that the one I really wanted to knit has eluded me, but I have banned myself from buying anything else on eBay this month. Maybe in September I'll start looking again. In the meantime I have a shawl to knit, dresses to finish and the Rooibos sewalong to begin. It's not like I will be idle until then.

Have a nice weekend

K x

5 comments:

  1. What a shame and a loss! That is very kind of the seller to refund you, but so sad you won't get the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I've had that happen but sometimes they turn up again on etsy and ebay, so don't give up yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How disappointing! It's a really nice jumper. I wouldn't mind it myself. You never know it still may turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies - you're right Liz, I'll have to keep looking on eBay and Etsy, and it might turn up again. However if I see one of my neighbours wearing the sweater I'll be really angry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say