Fabric Choice for Rooibos Sewalong

This is the fabric I've chosen for the Rooibos Sewalong - a cotton drill in green and a raspberry coloured polka dot cotton for the collar and contrast areas. I'm hoping the cotton drill isn't too heavy for a dress, but in her post about fabric choices Sarai wrote that a medium weight fabric would be best for the dress, without too much drape. Fingers crossed my choice is suitable.

I had been thinking about using a wool or suiting fabric but they all felt too wintery so I decided to go for one which be suitable for Autumn. I'm hoping to get started this weekend, and am going to make a muslin for the bodice only.

Are you doing the sewalong? And have you chosen your fabrics yet?

K x

8 comments:

  1. I'm not doing the sewalong, but Sarah from Rhinestones and Telephones & I will soon be doing a knitalong!!!! I did just start a Ginger blouse today though... Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colour choice in your fabric. Have fun with the muslin. I'm still waiting for the pattern to arrive so can't start yet. I will be buying my fabric on Friday but still am unsure of what fabric I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo - I love your raspberry coloured polka dot cotton, it will make a really lovely contrast detail! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! The spots will look so adorable against the gray.

    I have been having the hardest time deciding on mine: navy flowery or black and white houndstooth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! It can be so hard to capture colours in a photo - the green cotton doesn't quite look like its true colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the dress. I have a deep love for polkadots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, can't wait to see the finished article! I'd like to do a sewalong one of these days if I can organise myself, am hopeless! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say