Pattern Splurge

Once payday finally arrived I indulged my hankering for some 1950s patterns...and how! These beauties are winging their way to me;

Advance 7968

McCalls 4011

 Woman W412

Butterick 6749

Two buttoned dresses, one classic day dress (not the tennis dress I hasten to add!) and the last one which fastens with a zip at the front. I'm so excited, and am planning to make at least one as part of the Colette Patterns Spring Palette Challenge. All I need to do is find the right fabric. I've seen some lovely fabrics online but am yet to buy fabric online so am still a bit nervous about it - I like to see and feel the fabric before I buy. So, I will take a trip to Mandors first, and if that doesn't provide what I need, I will definitely be trying online.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

K x

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! I especially like the last one - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one with the sash is my favorite too! I really love buying fabric from Croft Mill (http://www.croftmill.co.uk/). They are really affordable, great quality and have really quick shipping! I haven't been to Mandors yet (they have one in Edinburgh too).....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will make the first one pictured here lirst but I fell in love with Butterick 6749 after missing out on Ebay but I managed to track it down to an antiques website in America - right size and everything, so I thought it was fate!

    Debi - I had a look at Croft Mill and it looks really good, so I shall investigate further. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Woman one (what's wrong with the tennis dress haha?!) Love how they always say 'quick and easy' - pfft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be afraid of on-line fabric shopping, it will expand your fabric horizons. Ask for samples, and or pay very close attention to the descriptions to help with your sucess. I look forward to seeing your fabrics. I am just trying to bust through some of my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lynne, I'm sure you're right and I will take the plunge soon. Currently I don't feel very confident in selecting types of fabric so I prefer choosing in person, also I think online fabric shopping could open up a dangerous new world! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say