Crafting on the move

I'm taking a short break soon and have been thinking about crafting I can do on the move. Knitting seems the best idea, and I am going to get started on a hat for myself and one for my dad.

For me, a cabled beret using this beautifully soft caramel-coloured merino wool bought in the John Lewis sale;
I haven't bought the wool yet for my dad's hat but it's going to be a double thickness hat with a cabled brim.

And a find - bought yesterday in a charity shop, a lovely homemade bag with wooden handles. I think it's a knitting bag or work bag. It's a proper old one, I'm a bit rubbish with guesstimates of dates but perhaps 1940s or 50s? (50s is pretty much my guess for most things!). Inside lining is yellow with some moth damage, so I gave it a good soak in soap flakes to freshen it up and remove the dirt.


Pretty, eh?

K x

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say