First attempt at piping

No, not the musical or icing kind but the sewing kind. I've never tried it before but love the finish it can add, and thought it would be a nice way to add something extra to the neckline of my leopard print Crepe.

A couple of pictures of my trial;


 

Not the best pictures but I spent most of the day tidying and clearing out the flat that it was dark by the time I got around to sewing! I'm pretty pleased with the result and am going to give it a bash, though I think it will be quite tricky around the neckline. I used a couple of tutorials on Burdastyle to help, as well as the brilliant The Sewing Book by Alison Smith.

I'll post some pictures when I get a bit further with the project

K x

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! I need to learn how to do this! Thanks for posting some tutorial sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look good, I love the look of piping too but am a bit scared to attempt it! If yours goes OK I might dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're off to a great start with the piping! I love the leopard print fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric! I keep meaning to try piping but finding excuses not to, but I'm going to have a bash at the Lady Grey this year, so maybe that will be when I finally get around to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say