OMG! It's totally what I have always needed!


I feel that I have been neglecting to show you my 'finds' of late. A couple of weeks ago I did the rounds of the charity shops with my friend Tina, and also called into an antiques centre that I hadn't visited before. Here's my haul:

 
 It's a jar that looks like celery! For storing, erm, celery! I really shouldn't buy such novelty kitchen items but I couldn't resist as it was only £3. Plus, as my skilledly-enabling friend put it, "It might encourage you to eat more celery." (I do like celery)


This long cosy cardigan for £4.50. It was from M&S originally and is a mix including angora so is really soft and cosy. It' just exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, so hurrah.

 
Coolest napkins ever, 80p each from the antiques centre. They all have different pub signs on them. I love them.

From a different charity shop trip this week - a set of cake slice and cheese knife, in their original 1960s box, including a leaflet all about how to care for stainless steel, in case you found this brave new material frightening in some way. A snip at £2.50, and again I don't own items like these so they will be used.

On the whole, all useful items. Apart from the celery jar, which is at least beautiful in its own way.

K x

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, great finds! I could definitely use a cake slicer like that. I love finding thrifted things and antiques you can actually use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I have enough pretty but useless things!

      Delete
  2. I'm very jealous of the celery vase thing - I already own a pineapple ice bucket and a tomato shaped dish, so am fully into the fruit and vegetable ceramics vibe. Definitely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have an onion jar shaped like a crying onion, so I don't want to go too far with the theme - glad you also appreciate the beauty though! :)

      Delete
  3. What are you talking about, of COURSE that celery jar is useful! How else would you store those piles of celery that you now have to buy? :)

    Although, to be quite honest, I would be tempted to use it as a coffee mug. Daily celery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be able to convince yourself that coffee is healthy that way - you could fit about 2 pints in there :-)

      Delete
  4. I love that celery vase! I'm calling it a vase, not sure what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab finds! I'm lusting after those napkins with pub signs, they are gorgeous! The celery jar is so much fun, I hate celery but at £3 I'd have to have splashed out, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE the pub sign napkins!! the total haul is fantastic, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The napkins are lovely and the celery jar is too. I think you're meant to plonk your celery in it and serve it from it at the table....failing that, what a pretty vase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, those are some fantastic finds! I adore the celery jar!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic goodies! I love the celery jar - it's so quirky and fun :) I think my favorite pieces are the pub napkins - totally lovely and perfect for entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! The celery jug is brilliant! there is always room for whimsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say