What have I been doing all year?!

2011 Tops & a skirt

Making quite a lot of stuff, it seems. When I counted up what I'd made this year I was quite astounded to find I had made 25 items this year, namely;

8 dresses, 5 tops, 5 skirts, 1 cardigan, 1 jumper, 1 pair of socks, 3 shawls/neckwarmers and 1 hat.

And that's only the things I've made for myself - I do occasionally make things for other people. I know, I know, I'm so generous.

2011 Dresses

What's really nice is that many of these things form the basis of my wardrobe. Most days I wear at least one thing I've made, which makes me really pleased.

2011 Knits

At the start of the year I wrote about some things I wanted to achieve this year, so let's see how I got on...
  • Cable cardigan in 4 ply from Debbie Bliss Land Girl book - Abandoned when I found I didn't enjoy knitting it, only for me to later find a carpet beetle larvae munching it
  • Oatmeal Pullover, with a narrower neckline - Made it, turned out too small and I never wear it
  • Make more clothing instead of buying it - Done!
  • Gain a better understanding of fit. I've ordered Real Fit for Real People, which I hope will help explain some of the mysteries to me - I think I understand fit a bit better now through trial and error. Honestly, I didn't get much out of the book, I found the 1990s pictures too distracting. I know, I have no vision.
  • Design a knitting pattern - Done! For a hat and a scarf, but I haven't blogged about them or written them up yet!
  • DE-STASH. I'm not too bad with fabric but have a lot of wool. I need to prioritise this when selecting knitting projects. Hmmm. A little. I have been pretty good. But I definitely have more fabric.
  • Continue sewing clothing and enjoying it. Done. And isn't this the most important one?
It's been a great year of knitting, sewing, charity shopping and blogging. In addition, I've taken part in some fun sewalongs, done my first 'Me Made Month', met some bloggers in real life, devoted a week to knitting, launched Pattern Monday, hosted some giveaways.

And next year?

More knitting, sewing and thrifting (of course), with the Crafters' Ceilidh to kick off the year. And as I now have nearly 100 followers, I promise some giveaways when I reach the magic number.

Thanks for reading!

K x

11 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I love that top on the far right, I'll have to look through your past posts to check it out.

    Here's to more makery in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! and it all looks great. you are an inspiration!xxx (happy christmas)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a productive year you've had! I love all your makes and I'm especially impressed with your knitted jumper, as I'm a beginner knitter and have no idea where I'd even start with a project like that! I look forward to following your progress in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! You've had a really good year! That tablecloth sorbetto is one of my absolute favourites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab year! 25 seems to be the number! Thats what I hit too. Looks like you've had a brilliant year! Heres to the next one! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well done, Kerry! You've been marvellously productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this roundup and so happy that I saw one of the dresses in person!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your style Kerry. Well done for all you've achieved & I think it's wonderful that you wear something handmade nearly everyday. That's something to be proud of. Looking so much to meeting you in January :-)
    Have a great holiday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, honey, those Fit for Real People photos are 80s! (I can remember that far back :-)) Isn't it outrageous that they haven't updated them? I'm amazed that the book remains in print given the art design. Mind you, the info is very useful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say