Edinburgh Blogger Meet Up

Yesterday I had the great pleasure of meeting up with Kristen of Kristen Makes and Debi of My Happy Sewing Place in Edinburgh. Kristen and I had met before, when she came to Glasgow, but it was the first time that Debi and I had met. We all had such a lovely afternoon!

First there was lunch in the form of afternoon tea at The Dome....

My dress is a new make, which I will blog about this week 

Delicious cakes and scones

 Spectacular decorations inside The Dome

Outside, and full of cake. The eagle-eyed will note that Kristen and I are sporting matching scarves (Aestlight) and that Debi is wearing her fab (and award winning) 1933 Dress

...Then a little bit of shopping in the Grassmarket....

Debi with some of the gorgeous vintage dresses in Armstrongs

Kristen makes a beeline for the knitwear

....Finishing up at Princes Street at the Christmas Market for Mulled Wine....

Purchases made!

 Fair in Princes Street Gardens

Mulled wine!

Thanks for such a fun afternoon Debi and Kristen!

EDIT! I forgot to mention that we are planning a The Crafters Ceilidh - a Scottish meet up on Saturday January 14th 2012. The meeting will be in either Edinburgh or Glasgow, depending on preferences of those who wish to attend. There are great places to go in either city and we hope to have a swap of fabric/patterns/yarn too. If you are interested you let either myself, Debi or Kristen know. It would be so lovely to meet up with some of you from further away!

K x

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, earlier comment was published before I'd finished ( using a phone and troublesome). Meant to say, blogger meet ups Are great and yours looks huge fun and lovely and seasonal- was that mince pies? Lovely. My son's in Edinburgh today on a birthday treat so it's lovely to see what he'll be seeing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I had such a FABULOUS time yesterday! Can't wait for January :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, looks like you guys had fun. It'll be good to come up to scotland for a day and meet up with you guys. Hope one can be arranged soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabby day! Thanks for coming over! I cannot wait for our Crafters' Ceilidh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I visited Edinburgh for the first time this summer and it's so fun to see what it looks like at Christmastime! It's such a lovely city-- I wish I could live there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a marvellous day and an elegant group of ladies! I am so envious, as this is my idea of a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww - looks like you had a great time! I went to uni in Edinburgh so all your photos are bringing back so many memories. I will definitely need a trip back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say