Introducing....Pattern Mondays!

 
(Note: only suitable for real men who play darts and drink beer)

Following the very positive response to the vintage pattern pictures I posted during November Knit Week, I have decided to make it a regular, weekly feature. Every Monday I will post a picture for your interest and amusement, to celebrate the weird and wonderful world of knitting patterns and pattern photography.

However I can't do this alone - I need your help, dear blog readers! If you have any pictures you'd like to share please get in touch using the comments or email me at kestrelmail@gmail.com. You will of course be credited for your contributions. The pictures don't always have to be funny, just of interest in some way. Maybe they perfectly represent a particular era or show a childhood knitted item you particularly loved (or hated!). I'd love to hear any stories you might have about the pattern pictures you send.

I've already received my first pattern picture contribution, which I will be featuring next week, so be sure to check back next Monday.

K x

13 comments:

  1. He seems to be checking out his father in law's dandruff, lol!
    Thanks for running this feature. Something to make us all smile on a Monday :)
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this feature! What a brilliant idea.

    I want to make some of that 'sportswear' for my husband for when he plays darts and drinks beer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I can get on board with this! I'll try and remember next time I go through some of my patterns to send you any off-beat pictures. :)

    The older gent's smile says to me "Is this smile good enough for you hun? Can you take the picture yet?" heh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! Especially am looking forward to your captions on the vintage patterns images. Those are priceless, including today's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your side comments re: pattern pics.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee, glad you like it! Plenty more to come - and just another excuse to extend my pattern collection even further!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that moustache is stuck on!
    Brilliant idea. I'm sure I have a few pattern pics I can share with you, will just have to find time to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay - and thanks for all the share offers everyone! Look forward to seeing what you all come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One word: dapper!
    This is goiNg to be an enjoyable Monday series :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to your vintage pattern Mondays.
    Unfortunately I don't have any to share but I did enjoy these
    http://tickingstripes.blogspot.com/
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! Let's have an Edinburgh meet-up! That would be FABULOUS!!! Love your idea for the pattern Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you via Ticking Stripes .... I shall have to have a sort through my kntting pattern mountain too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say