Cheerful Crockery




I was delighted to snag a whole set of this crockery in a charity shop a couple of weeks ago. For the bargain price of £9.99 I got - 6 dinner plates, 6 side plates, 6 tea plates, 6 cereal bowls, a gravy jug and 2 large serving plates. It was one of those times where I didn't buy it when I first saw it - I spotted it on a Saturday then spent a weekend thinking about it and had to call the shop on Monday morning to make sure it was still there so they could reserve it for me. Luckily it was!


I absolutely love the pattern and how cheerful it is. I love using it as my every day crockery. The design is called Topic, made by J & G Meakin. They have some gorgeous retro ceramic designs which pop up quite often in charity shops, though I've never seen such a complete set. In such good condition it was just too good to miss out on. Have a look here to see some of their other designs from the same era. This particular design dates to 1967. It's not to unusual a pattern so I should be able to pick up matching bits and pieces in the future too. Always nice to have something to look out for!

K x

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I just love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just lovely and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retro china I like often turns out to be Meakin - that's a fab set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say