Nearly Time for Me Made June

3 Senchas, freshly washed and ironed

As of tomorrow, the 1st June, I will be endeavouring to wear an item of handmade clothing every day for a month. I have been diligently ironing and mending my sewn items in preparation, and believe me, I don't normally iron. And only mend when strictly necessary.

How do I feel about MMJ? A little nervous. Not just because I'm not sure how my self made items will last over the course of the month, but also because I will be recording each outfit photographically. Now, I know it is not essential to include your face in these photos, but I want to. Not least because I need to overcome my dislike of having my photo taken, and taking a photo a day for 30 days might just help with that. My issue is that 90% of the time I have my eyes closed, or half-closed, which is worse. As the photo is being taken I always think "Oh no, I'm going to have my eyes closed, and ruin the photo". I think I might be willing it to happen. I also feel very uncomfortable posing, and can't quite perfect the nonchalant look that some bloggers have mastered. I just look silly.

So, if nothing else, do check back and see how I'm getting on with my quest for better photographs. I really do just need to get over myself and stop worrying about it. I've been reading Patty the Snug Bug's photography tips too, so let's hope that some of her wisdom has rubbed off on me!

K x

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with it, can't wait to see all your homemade items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Senchas look really pretty. I'm sure you'll do great! I also have a tendency to close my eyes when getting my picture taken. Keep in mind, you don't always have to look straight at the camera. Sometimes that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Senchas! I hate having my photo taken, too, so I try not to look directly at the camera. It makes me feel a bit more comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you like the Sencha blouse? I worry that it would not be fitted enough.

    I'm with you on the photo thing, too! I had a moment of mental terror when I signed up at first -- what did I get myself into?! But now I'm pretty excited!

    I can't wait to see your outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say