Finished Object! Oatmeal Pullover


I started knitting this jumper just after Christmas, with wool purchased in the John Lewis sale. The wool is 'Skye' by Wendy, a mix of 13% Kid Mohair, 25% Polyester, 62% Acrylic. It was only £2.50 per 100g ball, and although I tend to be a bit fussy in that I prefer 100% natural fibres, it was lovely and soft and so cheap I couldn't say no. I bought 4 balls but have only used 3, making this jumper cost only £7.50.


I've made this jumper before, and wear it all the time. However this time I wanted the neck to be less wide so made some modifications at the neckline. I was happy with how this turned out, but the jumper has ended up being a little more snug than I wanted. I didn't check gauge as the wool was a similar weight to what I use before. I made the body of the jumper longer to compensate for the fact that I was stretching it out more than I should have!

I really love this jumper pattern it's so simple and would lend itself well to adding some interesting colourwork. It knits up quickly and you don't have to worry about counting rows as it's all done by knitting to certain lengths. If you'd like to try knitting a jumper for the first time this would be a great pattern to start with. It's knit from the neck down and in the round too, which means you can try it on for size whilst knitting.


I'm delighted to be able to tick off an item from my list in my last post. Even though this was a really easy one because I only had a few rows to knit, it's a good feeling!

K x

Edit - I forgot to mention that the photos in this post were taken at 5.30 in the evening - Spring is on the way! :)

8 comments:

  1. Great jumper! It looks really smart on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! I must learn to knit soon!!! I am also loving that it is getting lighter in the evening! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great fit! And I love your brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fab and now you've ticked something off your list! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great. I love the brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I ask what size needles you used?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maggie, I used 6.5mm needles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say