Me Made May & the Cube of Shame

I wasn't intending to take part in Me Made May this year, but I am. Once I started seeing people posting on Instagram on the first day, I decided that I actually did want to join in after all. Not least because I like being part of the community but also because if I'm seeing all the pictures, I may as well be part of the club. I last took part in 2013 and for a couple of years before that too. I generally find it hard to keep momentum to the end of the month so we'll see how I get on.

I think a lot of people who have been blogging for some time aren't bothering to take part this year, which I totally get because most of us wear homemade things nearly every day anyway and so there's not much of a challenge to it. I certainly can't be bothered posing for proper photos and I'm putting my outfits on Instagram as that's a nice and easy way for me to do it. My photos are mostly crappy mirror selfies, but no-one follows my Instagram for the photographic skill, so I don't care.
I'm already seeing some wardrobe gaps but there are no great revelations. However, my main challenge for the month is to clear the Cube of Shame. This is the section in the bookcase into which all my restyling and mending is shoved. Yes, shoved, most unceremoniously. I will update at the end of the month with how I've got on, and in the meantime if you are desperate to see my rubbish outfit photos, check me out on Instagram (@kestrelmakes).

K x

15 comments:

  1. Think we all have one :)
    Looks like there are some lovely fabrics in there. Hope that you manage to make something nice out of them all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar cube of shame, maybe a lot bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, cube of shame. I have an ungainly pile on a chair in the dining room with part started projects mixed in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a similar cube of shame. I thought I was being really good at keeping it down but it turns out I had just pushed the back off the cube and everything was falling out of the back ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bag of shame! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha cube of shame! Totally with you. I usually find I flag in MMM at this very point! then I get into it again around maybe next weekend, as the end is in sight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Instagram, so full of lovely handmade goodies! (and I have an 'over the arm of the chair' spot of shame, it's getting tackled in a day or two though!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Over the arm of the chair' sounds like a manageable pile!

      Delete
  8. Oy, I have a bag of shame! I was forced to muscle through mending my Ginger jeans (wasn't looking forward to that, as it involved removing belt loops to redo my original, shoddy waist topstitching, ugh!) and I'm glad to have them done. Hope you can keep up the mending momentum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a box similar to that cube though I recently got rid of a carrier's worth of scrappy bits. I have very few useable pieces in my stash....I'm trying to figure out how to use the slightly too small pieces I have....I'm wearing me makes daily in May but don't have an intstagram compatible device, Flickr, and haven't blogged. Oh dear, that sounds kind of halfhearted but I'm mentally reviewing it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha the cube of shame, love it! It sounds like you're doing well with it though which is great. I haven't even taken my bag of shame out from under the bed oops! Though I have achieved my other aim of finishing 3 items of clothing this month so I'm pleased with that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! How did the cube of shame look at the end?! Thanks for your comment on my recently organic cotton t-shirt project. If you'd like to borrow a couple of editions of Ottobre, I'd be happy to send you some. If so, email me your postal address to sozoblog (at) g mail (dot) com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have taken a photo, except it just got filled with more (different) stuff! I'd love to take you up on your offer, will drop you an email x

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say