Mini Round Up of Mini Things

Sometimes it's really handy to treat your blog as a way to record a few bits and pieces you've made, before you forget about them. That's what this post is all about, so if you're not interested in gifts for small people, you can stop reading now.
These are the Dulaan Easy on Mittens (free on Ravelry). I made them as a 1st birthday gift for a friend of Baby Kestrel. They're designed for a child and recommended wool is worsted weight, however made in 4 ply they are a good fit for 1-2 years, I think. I quickly crocheted a cord using a couple of pieces of wool held together.

 
 
Toddler tote bag - birthday gift. I love the dogs
 
 
Selection of bandana baby bibs, made for babies born in the last few months. I use jersey and towelling so they are nice and absorbent - I bought some of the jersey just for bibs and some was left from other projects. I used this Eternal Maker tutorial which includes a template, although my bibs have been altered after having made them several times and used them on Baby Kestrel. These make a great present as they're so useful and cute.

K x

9 comments:

  1. I can vouch for he usefulness of the bibs! Thank you again! The gloves and tote are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the prints on those bibs! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good way to use up odds and ends of yarn and fabric. I have gone to charity shops and picked up hooded baby towels to use for the backing of bibs. I can pick up one for $1.00 and make quite a few bibs from it. If I buy terry cloth it would cost me about $8 a yard. I love those mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. I would have loved such thoughtful and funky gifts as these when Sprogzilla was little. Nice way to use up fabric too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bandannas - a baby came into the shop (carried by mother of course) wearing one and he looked very Spandau Ballet in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mini things! They're all lovely, handmade gifts say so much more than shop bought ones too.

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhyDidIMakeThat

    http://whydidimakethat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cuteness! Love the fabrics you used for the bibs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome little gifts for the little ones. The fabrics
    are cute and yes the dog print is fab, so are the cats.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the little dog print tote!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say