Baby Gifts - Knitted Rabbit and Cardigan


Hello there!

I thought I'd share a couple of knitted gifts I recently made for a friend's new baby girl. First off is a rabbit from the Susan B Anderson book 'Itty Bitty Toys'. I bought this when I visited Loop in London in December last year and this is the first project I've made from the book, though it has a great range of lovely projects.

I used a cotton yarn, with bamboo for the underside of the ears. It was knit in the round, meaning less sewing up, but as some of the elements are a bit fiddly (legs and arms particularly), knitting flat for some parts might actually have been quicker. It looks pretty much exactly like in the book, with a nice simple face, which I really like.

Don't Jump!

Pom pom tail


To accompany the rabbit I made Nikki Van De Car's Autumn Leaves cardigan (free on Ravelry) using the same slightly pearlised bamboo yarn that features on the rabbit's ears.


It was a pretty straightforward project, knit in the round. I found some lovely plastic iridescent rose-shaped buttons which complement the yarn and design well, and it was impossible to find buttons that matched the colour exactly.


I think it might be bad form to encourage the new mother to open your baby gifts asap with a loud whisper of "Open your present", but I was excited to be handing them over after all the time spent in crafting them. Both gifts were well received and I was really happy with how they turned out.

K x

11 comments:

  1. So you should be Kerry, they're both gorgeous, your friend is very lucky (so is her new baby girl). I LOVE that rabbit's face! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, both makes are lovely but the rabbit is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous, Kerry!! I love that little bunny - so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so beautiful! They make me wish I had a baby girl and that you were my expert knitter friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm normally not big on cuddly toys, but that rabbit has so much personality and expression - it's unbelievable! Such a plaintive face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww the rabbit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Bunny Rabbit is deee-vine.
    I think I am in ♥

    Such a sweet wrap for a babe.
    A spoiled baby at that

    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great gifts! that wee cardigan is great - lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both. yes, that rabbit was so cute.

    Facts About Rabbits

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say