Festive Snapshots

I hope you have all had a lovely time over the festive season. I have been doing lots of relaxing and a little bit of making too. As I've already done all my rounding up for the year, I thought I'd share a few pictures of what I've been up to over the last week...

 Tote bag I made for my friend's birthday using a tutorial from the Purl Bee called the Twenty Minute Tote. It took me longer than that, but I was very pleased with the result as it makes a great gift.

 
Blogger Meet Up in Glasgow with Debi of My Happy Sewing Place and Kathryn of Yes I Like That. Kathryn was visiting from London and Debi came over from Edinburgh. Photo from My Happy Sewing Place - Debi had the foresight to remember her camera!

Lovely fabric and an exciting pattern, a gift from from Debi at the meet up. I have been hankering after the Tiramisu dress so I feel very lucky that Debi gave me a spare copy she had - thanks so much Debi!! I'd love to join in Steph's Tiramisu sewalong in January, but it depends how confident I'm feeling about knits at that point.

Jersey fabric (bought in Mandors during the recent meet up) ready to be cut out for a Renfrew top - I got the pattern for Christmas. You can also see my new rotary cutter and mat, which were both Christmas gifts.


Swap gifts from Krafty Kat's Sewist's Secret Santa

Peek at my new skirt - I will do a full blog post on it soon.

I'm back at work on the 3rd January (I do love that Scotland gets an extra bank holiday on the 2nd as well as the 1st) so I have a few more days off to go. I'm planning to join in with the Jungle January Sewalong organised by Pretty Grievances.

Are you?

Hope you all enjoy the last bit of 2012, whatever you're up to. See you in 2013,

K x

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you make this year. Happy New Year.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for 2013!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Wishing you all that's good in 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2013! Can't wait to see what you make for Jungle January! Your Renfrew is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved following all your makes this year and look forward to seeing what you come up with next, you're an inspiration! Happy new year to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great excitement making pics Kerry!!

    You look like you'll get plenty of practice sewing knits, and now you have the tools as well as some patterns, I bet you won't look back! Happy new year and enjoy not working tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year! Look at you guys-OMg Debi is sans costume (I think of her everyday vintage wardrobe as costume-because it looks so timeconsuming and super-vintagey-real) also do not freak out about knits. Use a jersey/ ballpoint needle and reduce upper bobbin tension while using a lightning/ L-stitch. Zig-zag for hems only. That's pretty much it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say