Some Sewing Finds

I've been lucky with some charity shop finds in the last few weeks. I've found patterns......

 
Patterns at 29p each, some unused

.......And a great selection of buttons:


This ice cream box was sitting under some shelves in a local charity shop I hadn't visited for some time. It was labelled as 'Small Buttons 5p, Large Buttons 10p'. After a discussion with the person in the shop about what classified as a small or large button (well, it's all relative isn't it?), I decided it was easier to buy the lot.


I got a fantastic selection of gorgeous, quality vintage buttons for £5. Most of the best ones were in sets too - it wasn't your usual button box full of single buttons that don't match. I wish I could have met the stylish lady who carefully kept all these buttons. I hope I can do them justice with my own makes.

K x
 

24 comments:

  1. Great finds! I get so excited when I find patterns, even if they're way to complicated there's something so appealing about the 1960s & 70's illustrations! Great red buttons, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent finds, good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - fab bargains. Those red buttons are gorgeous!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo what a fab find! love those red buttons! and the simplicity skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds! Especially those buttons, I particularly love the red ones with the orange sunburst around the middle. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant finds! Love the buttons and the maxi skirt pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fantastic find! Congrats! The teal ones really do shine, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh lovely finds. 29p? Fantastic. I'm very taken with those buttons too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking finds! I particularly love the large red and yellow buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it lovely when you stumble across such a bargain? I found a mixed box of zips in a charity shop for 10p each and bought loads, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Augh good buttons! Those are rarer than hen's teeth! I always find once I've sewn up a coat or something I go through a wait-stage where I'm trying to find the perfect buttons-on etsy XS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But no matter how many buttons I have - I never have the right ones to match my fabric either!

      Delete
  12. Those red buttons remind me of some sort of fruity Werthers Original sweets. :) I picked up the same Simplicity skirt pattern in a charity shop too, it must have been popular back in the day. Charity shop finds are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the circle skirt pattern, how fabulous that would be in a lightweight tweed for winter? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Oh Oh!! I'm excited for you! Those buttons! I dream of finds like this, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OHmyGOODNESS, those BUTTONS! Luck girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely goodies! The buttons are such divine colors - I'm excited to see how you use them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say