November Knit Week Schedule


So, what's it all about then?

In the past few months I have been concentrating a lot of my crafting energy on sewing, with my knitting taking a back seat. I think it's very much a seasonal thing – in summer I want to make pretty summer things but as the weather gets colder I am drawn back to wool. Recently I posed a question on my blog sidebar, asking how many readers knitted or were interested in knitting. The results showed a high percentage of you both knitted and sewed, or were interested in learning to knit. So, with that in mind I decided to host a week-long celebration of knitting.

I certainly do not profess to be a knitting expert. I still make plenty of mistakes and am quite scared of some of the simple mathematical equations that are employed to help you alter projects or make them fit properly. I am trying to get over this fear to design my first pattern, so I'll keep you posted on that one! Nonetheless in my time spent knitting I have gathered some experience which I hope might be of use to someone. Plus, I love knitting, so I'm pretty sure that makes me qualified to waffle on about it!

The aim of November Knit Week is to talk about some of the pleasures and practicalities of knitting and hopefully get some of you to share your experience too.

The schedule for the week is:

Monday – An interview with me!
Tuesday - Knitting Bag Essentials
Wednesday – An interview with Kristen of kristenmakes
Thursday – Tips for successful projects
Friday – An interview with Tasha of By Gum, by Golly!
Saturday – Caring for your Supplies & Knitted Items
Sunday – GIVEAWAY involving wool and vintage patterns...all will be revealed....

Plus every day I will be posting a favourite image from my knitting pattern collection, from the baffling to the hilarious.

I'm so looking forward to sharing tips and interviews with you, and I hope you'll join in and comment too.

K x

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lovely and exciting week! I'm looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm really looking forward to your knit week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even as a non-knitter I'm looking forward to it! It sounds fab, can't wait. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Jane, maybe you can be tempted to give knitting a try if I make a good job of next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for Knit Week! You've got a great schedule planned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to this! I can just about manage a square so I'm hoping to be inspired. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say