Not Sewing, just Relaxing and Reading

What a beautiful, sunny bank holiday weekend we've had in the UK. I've been lucky enough to have four days off work in a row, and have been so busy that the Royal Wedding excitements seem like a long time ago. I've cleaned the flat, met up with friends and the Winter wardrobe has been packed away to make way for Summer clothes. Sadly, the vacuum bags I use to try and save space under the bed are no longer effective thanks to feline interference. One of our cats likes chewing on plastic and so both bags have been punctured with teeth marks...thanks Dot!

Today we took a trip to the west coast to enjoy some kite flying on the beach. It was quite busy, with families, dog walkers and horse riders.


I brought my book to read, 'The Mitfords - Letters between Six Sisters' by Charlotte Mosley. I'm about halfway through, and it's utterly fascinating. I hadn't read anything about the Mitford sisters before this book, but had come across their names in other books I'd read, as I'm generally interested in the interwar period. All of the sisters were so different, and their relationships between them are complex and very compelling to read.


On the knitting front, I've completed the back of my cable cardigan and am on the left front. Making steady progress, but will it be finished for Me Made June, I wonder?

K x

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for your comment on my Handmade Brighton post. They still have those bracelets in there I think, you should come down again! If you do, let me know and we can hook up and go fabric shopping. Great to see you are on board for MMJune '11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend has been great hasn't it? Now i am so not looking forward to work this week. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sound of the kite flying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is number 1133! I love it because on the envelope of mine it says "Marilyn's Honeymoon Dress" and Marilyn was my Grammy's name! So when I get married, I'm gonna make it up for my honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say